Page 7 of 9
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so that they do not drift apart.
- The Golden Poison Dart Frog’s skin has enough toxins to kill 100 people.
- The male ostrich can roar just like a lion.
- Mountain lions can whistle.
- The giraffe’s tongue is so long that they can lick the inside of their own ear.
- Cows kill more people than sharks do.
- Cats have 32 muscles in each of their ears.
- Butterflies taste their food with their feet.
- A tarantula can live without food for more than two years.
- The tongue of a blue whale weighs more than most elephants!
- Ever wonder where the phrase “It’s raining cats and dogs” comes from? In the 17th century many homeless cats and dogs would drown and float down the streets of England, making it look like it literally rained cats and dogs.
- It takes about 3,000 cows to supply enough leather for the NFL for only one year.
- Male dogs lift their legs when they are urinating for a reason. They are trying to leave their mark higher so that it gives off the message that they are tall and intimidating.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
- Dogs are capable of understanding up to 250 words and gestures and have demonstrated the ability to do simple mathematical calculations.
- A sheep, a duck and a rooster were the first passengers in a hot air balloon.
- Birds don’t urinate.