Best SEO extensions for your Joomla sites
“Be at the right place, at the right time”. There is no need to explain this as everyone knows how important this is and how it determines your site's success and failure. Hundreds of websites are developed every day and your site's frontline needs to be equipped with 100% SEO armors to be on top of search engine suggested websites list. Today’s blog is all about why do you need SEO extensions and what SEO extensions out there that can assist you optimizing SEO.
Although Joomla default meta is well enough for SEO friendliness, but to ensure the best for your website you should go for extensions that suit your purpose better and give you the boost that is crucial with your new websites. Now as you are clear about why do you need SEO extensions, let’s take a quick look at what they can do for you?
- Meta information changing and adding in quickest ways.
- Total automated metadata generation.
- Control panel that allows you to manage all the metadata in a single platform.
- Create and insert Open Graph data quickly and easily add social media buttons to your entire site to allow sharing on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
- Advanced SEF URL management.
- Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLS.
sh404SEF is one of the most well known and functional SEO extensions available in JED. It’s probably the most popular SEO extension in the market. It supports all Joomla versions which is always a plus while choosing a Joomla extension. It comes with lots of SEO features like automating tinyURL generation, input form spamming protection, search engine friendly URL suggestion and much more. Now let's look at some of the main features of sh404SEF.
- Universal support for Google Analytics.
- Google Tags manager support.
- Easily redirect 404s to suggested SEF URLs.
- Instantly add global support for canonical URLs.
- Remove duplicate URLs.
- Create human ear and search engine friendly (SEF) URLs.
- Control URL rewrite mode on a per-application basis.
- Easily customize the page title and page description with the bulk updater.
- Create customized error pages (i.e. 404) with relevant links and other info.
- Harden against cross-site scripting attacks (XSS)
- Harden against malicious page requests
- Control site access from suspicious domains.
EFSEO is a popular SEO extension for Joomla that enables you to control all the metadata manually or automatically. It doesn’t matter what component you are using, you can easily add or manage metadata in the frontend or using the component in the backend. A really nice feature of EFSEO is the automated method of metadata generation which you can store using the frontend. Now let’s take a look at some of the main features of EFSEO.
- Alter meta information at the front end - set access through user groups and user IDs.
- Automatic Mode - Metadata is generated for certain extensions or via the global settings completely automatically.
- Backend component - allows you to edit and add entries directly in the backend.
- Data may be assigned to every given page, regardless which extension is in use.
- Metadata is assigned using internal URLs - independent of SEF URLs.
- Compatibility mode for external SEF components.
- Save entered data directly into the core tables.
- You may change the following metadata: Title, Description, Keywords, Generator and Robots attribute.
The core job of JoomSEF is to make the URL search engine friendly. It could be the ultimate tool you need to take your site to the top of the search engine. Some of the amazing features include search engine friendly URL management, duplicate URL customization, URL caching and much more. Now let’s take a peek on some of the main features of JoomSEF.
- Easily generate SEF URLs
- Fully advanced SEF URL management
- Generate and manage metadata
- You can override default metadata generated by component or Joomla
- Dynamic keywords management
- Multilingual support (JoomFish) and URL localization
- UTF-8 URLs support
- URL caching
- URL source tracing to help allocate problematic code
- 301 Redirections management
- 404 Page Not Found customization
Tag Meta is an efficient SEO tool for managing the entire site’s meta information. It allows you to manage all the metadata information from a single control panel. Numerous customization tools server you all the functionalities to improve site positioning in SEO optimization. It allows matching a group of URLs in a single rule. Now let’s have a look at some of the amazing features of Tag Meta.
- Support for tag 'title' and meta tag 'description', 'author', 'keywords', 'robots', 'content rights', and 'external reference' on each page
- Support for Robots options Index, Follow, Snippet, Archive, ODP, and Image Index
- Support for link 'canonical'
- Support for global meta tag 'generator'
- Possibility to add site name to tag 'title'
- Possibility to align meta tag 'title' with tag 'title'
- Possibility to preserve tag 'title' on each rule from global settings
- Support for global meta tag 'author'
- Support for global meta tag 'copyright'
- Possibility to add a note for each item
- Possibility to apply multiple matching rules
SEO Simple :
This SEO extension is for those who find difficulty in SEO extension operating. SEO Simple is damn simple to setup and use. It avails you to change the meta description automatically on the contrast of your content text. Some of the main features of SEO simple are:
- Front end meta description customization
- HTML page title configuration
- Customize the front page of your site's title tag in a number of different ways
Site SEO should always be on top of the priority list. These are our hand-picked SEO extensions that you can use to ensure the best SEO customization for your website.